ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2021: Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) invites online application for ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2021 for selection of 150 no’s Junior Research Fellow vacancy in Life Sciences and Social Sciences vacancy. The last date for submission of the application is 31.07.2021.
Post Name:- Junior Research Fellow
- No of posts:- 150
- Discipline-wise vacancy list
(a) Life Sciences: 120 (e.g., microbiology, physiology, molecular biology, genetics, human biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, immunology, pharmacology, nursing, zoology, botany, environmental sciences, and veterinary medicine)
(b) Social Sciences: 30 (e.g., psychology, sociology, home sciences, statistics, anthropology, social work, and public health/ health economics)
- Upper age limit:- 28 years as on 30.09.2021 (upper age limit relaxable up to five years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST, PwBD, and female candidates, three years in the case of OBC category.
(i) The value of the fellowship is Rs. 31,000/- (Rupees Thirty One thousand only) per month.
(ii) The duration of the fellowship will initially be limited until two years carrying a monthly stipend of Rs. 31,000/- and an annual contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/- per annum.
- Educational Qualification:- M.Sc./ M.A. or equivalent degree with a minimum of 55% marks for General/EWS/OBC candidates and 50% for the SC/ST and PwBD candidates.
A candidate who is appearing/has appeared in the final year (IV/VI Semester whichever is applicable, and final year where Semester system is not there) of M.Sc./M.A. or equivalent examination during the session (2020–2021) can also apply for the exam as RA (Result Awaited). Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (given in Annexure–I duly certified by the Head of the Department/Institute over his/her signature and rubber stamp(with address and name) where he/she is appearing in the final year examination.
However, such candidates shall be admitted to the Exam provisionally and shall be considered eligible for JRF only after they submit the proof of having passed the Master’s Degree examination with the requisite percentage. The M.Sc. /M.A. or equivalent degree mark sheet must be submitted to ICMR, latest by 31st December 2021 otherwise candidature will automatically be forfeited.
How do I apply for ICMR Fellowship?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2021 through the ICMR website https://main.icmr.nic.in from 01.07.2021 to 31.07.2021 till 11:55 PM.
ICMR-JRF Entrance Exam Pattern
- Mode of Examination: Computer Based Test (CBT)/Online
- Duration of Examination: 02 hours (two hours) i.e. 120 minutes
- Date of Examination: Sunday, 12th September 2021
- Number of Shifts: 01 (One), Afternoon shift- 3 pm
- Location of Examination Centres: Tentatively 21 cities in India
- Language of Paper: English
- Type of Examination: Objective Type
- General/EWS/OBC: Rs. 1500/– +Transaction charges as applicable.
- SC/ST: Rs. 1200/– +Transaction charges as applicable.
- PwBD: Exempted from payment of the fee
Download official notification of ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2021: 150 Junior Research Fellow Vacancy