IIT JAM Notification 2022: The Joint Admission Test for Masters or JAM is a common online test to provide admissions to M.Sc. (Two-Year), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programmes at IITs and Integrated Ph.D. Degree Programmes at IISc and to consolidate Science as a career option for bright students across the country.
IIT Roorkee has released the official notification of IIT JAM exam 2022. This year, Indian Institutes of Technology will conduct the computer- based Joint Admission Test for Masters (JAM 2022) on February 13, 2022 (Sunday). Interested and eligible candidates who wants to pursue their career in the basic science, may apply online here for this entrance test .
IIT JAM Exam Details
- Name of exam: Joint Admission Test for Masters (JAM)
- Name of conducting institute: IIT Roorkee
- Type of exam: Online
- Mode of exam: CBT (Computer-Based Test)
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Date of exam: February 13, 2022 (Sunday)
- Mode of application: Online
- Official website: https://jam.iitr.ac.in
Eligibility Criteria to Appear in JAM
Educational Qualification: The candidates who qualify in JAM 2022 must fulfill the following Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for admissions to IITs.
- All candidates admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s degree.
- In the qualifying degree, the aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI without rounding-off (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) should be at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL)/EWS category candidates, and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates.
- Foreign nationals with Indian degree are eligible to apply, subject to the admitting institute’s policy.
Physical Fitness: At the time of admission, all admitted candidates will have to submit a Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form. At the time of admission, the admitted candidates may also have to undergo a Physical Fitness test by a medical board constituted by the Admitting Institute. In case candidates are not found physically fit to pursue their chosen course of study, their admission is liable to be cancelled.
IIT JAM Application Fee
Candidates have to pay a fixed amount as application fee. Details are as given below:
|Category||One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories)/SC/ST/PwD||₹ 750||₹ 1050|
|All Others||₹ 1500||₹ 2100|
How to Apply for IIT JAM Examination ?
Interested and eligible candidates who want to pursue their career in the field of basic sciences may apply online here by visiting Official IIT JAM 2022 Portal. Candidates may follow below mentioned steps to apply .
- Scroll down, go to Important Web-Links section.
- Click on the “Online Application” and a new web page will be opened.
- In the next stage, click on “Online Application” Link and Login.
- Fill your all personal and educational details and upload necessary documents.
- Make payment of application fee as per your category and submit the form.
- At the end, take a print out of the application form.
|Thank you for your valuable support to make us Meghalaya’s Most Trusted Government Jobs Information Website. We believe in BE LOCAL. Proudly Made, Design and Hosted with ❤️ from Meghalaya. Don’t trust other websites for job information. We are Meghalaya’s First Government Job Information Website Registered Under Government of India.
Click on Like Bottom for Free Government Job Updates on Facebook.
Exam Pattern of IIT JAM 2022
The JAM 2022 Examination for all the seven Test Papers will be conducted as ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT) where the candidates will be shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen. For all the seven Test Papers, the duration of the examination will be of THREE hours. The medium for all the Test Papers will be English only. There will be a total of 60 questions carrying a total of 100 marks. The entire paper will be divided into three sections, A, B and C.
# Section-A contains a total of 30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) involving 10 questions of one mark each and 20 questions of two marks each. Each MCQ has four choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer. Candidates can mark the answer by clicking the choice.
# Section-B contains a total of 10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQs) carrying two marks each. Each MSQ is similar to MCQ but with the difference that MSQ may have one or more than one correct choice(s) out of the four given choices. The candidate is awarded full credit only if all the correct answer(s) and no wrong answers are selected. Candidates can mark the answer(s) by clicking the choice(s).
# Section-C contains a total of 20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions involving 10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two marks each. For NAT questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered using the virtual numeric keypad displayed on the monitor. No choices will be shown for NAT questions.
# In all sections, questions not attempted will result in zero mark. In Section-A (MCQ), wrong answer will result in negative marks. For each wrong answer to 1 mark questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted and similarly for each wrong answer to 2 marks questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted. In Section-B (MSQ), there are no negative and no partial marking provisions. There is no negative marking in Section-C (NAT) as well.
# There is a provision for using online virtual calculator. The candidates are NOT allowed to bring their own calculators.
Important Dates of IIT JAM 2022 Examination
- Starting date online application submission: August 25, 2021 (Wednesday)
- Last date of online application submission: October 11, 2021 (Monday)
- Availability of JAM Admit Cards: January 04, 2022 (Tuesday)
- Date of JAM 2022 Examination: February 13, 2022 (Sunday)
- Announcement of the Results of JAM 2022: March 22, 2022 (Tuesday)
- Submission of Application Form for Admission on the JAM 2022 Website: April 11 – 25, 2022
- Declaration of First Admission List: June 01, 2022 (Wednesday)
- Declaration of Second Admission List: June 16, 2022 (Thursday)
- Declaration of Third Admission List: June 25, 2022 (Saturday)
- Declaration of Fourth and Final Admission List: July 05, 2022 (Tuesday)
- Closure of Admissions through JAM 2022: July 11, 2022 (Monday)
Important Web-Links of JAM 2022
- Online Application Click Here
- Information Bulletin Click Here
- Advertisement Details Click Here
- Official Website Click Here