India Post Recruitment 2023: India Post has released an employment notification for the recruitment of the Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) [Branch Postmaster (BPM)/Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM)] under various postal circles across the country. The last date for submission of the application is 11th June 2023.
Post Name:- Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)
- No of posts:- 12,828 Posts
- Postal circle-wise vacancy list
1. Andhra Pradesh: 118 Posts
2. Assam: 151 Posts
3. Bihar: 76 Posts
4. Chhattisgarh: 342 Posts
5. Gujarat: 110 Posts
7. Haryana: 8 Posts
8. Himachal Pradesh: 37 Posts
9. Jammu & Kashmir: 89 Posts
10. Jharkhand: 1125 Posts
11. Karnataka: 48 Posts
12. Madhya Pradesh: 2992 Posts
14. Maharashtra: 620 Posts
15. North Eastern: 4384 Posts
16. Odisha: 948 Posts
17. Punjab: 13 Posts
18. Rajasthan: 1408 Posts
19. Tamil Nadu: 18 Posts
20. Telangana: 96 Posts
21. Uttar Pradesh: 160 Posts
22. Uttarakhand: 40 Posts
23. West Bengal: 45 Posts
- Age limit:- 18 to 40 years. The Upper age relaxation is up to 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST, and 10 years for PWD candidates.
- Salary:- for BPM, Rs.12,000/- to 29,380/- and for ABPM/Dak Sevak Rs.10,000/- to 24,470/-
- Essential Qualification:- The candidate should have passed the Secondary School Examination of 10th standard having passed in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of GDS.
- Local Language Proficiency:- The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to the 10th standard.
- Other Qualifications: The candidate should be proficient in the following fields
(i) Knowledge of computer
(ii) Knowledge of cycling
(iii) Adequate means of livelihood
How to apply for India Post Recruitment 2023: Gramin Dak Sevak Vacancy?
Interested and eligible candidates may apply for India Post GDS online. The last date for submission of the application is 11th June 2023.
The applicant will have to first register himself/herself on the GDS online Engagement Portal at the link https://indiapostgdsonline.gov.in/
The Selection Process of India Post GDS Recruitment consists of the following stages:-
- Preparation of Merit List: The applicants will be shortlisted for engagement based on a system-generated merit list. The merit list will be prepared based on marks obtained/ conversion of Grades/ Points to marks in the Secondary School Examination of 10th standard of approved Boards, aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals. The passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory.
- Document Verification:- The shortlisted candidates for the recruitment will have to attend the document verification process to complete the recruitment process.
- Appointment: On the successful completion of document verification, a candidate will be appointed as Gramin Dak Sevaks within the jurisdiction of the respective division.
- A fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred only) is to be paid by the applicants for all posts notified in choice of Division. However, payment of fees is exempted for all female applicants, SC /ST applicants, PwD applicants, and Transwomen applicants.
Advertisement No:- 17-31/2023-GDS (Date: 20.05.2023)
Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the below official notification in detail before submitting applications.
|Online Application Link||Click Here|
|Download Official Notification||Click Here|
|Check your Fee payment status||Click Here|