Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021: The University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India invites applications for the Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021 for North Eastern Region (NER) for Class 12 passed students. The last date for submission of the application is 30th November 2021.
Ishan Uday is a special Scholarship scheme launched by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for the students of the North Eastern Region (NER) to promote higher education. UGC will award 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships per year.
Scholarship Name:- Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021
- Scholarship Amount:- Rs. 5400/- per month for a general degree course and Rs. 7800/- per month for technical/ medical/ professional/ paramedical courses. The scholarship will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
- State covered: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, and Tripura
Eligibility Criteria for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021
# Only first-year undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
# An applicant should have a domicile in the North Eastern Region. They should have completed Class 12th from any recognized school/ college/ university in the North–Eastern Region including CBSE, ICSE, and NIOS (National Institute for Open Schooling).
# An applicant should have taken admission in any Professional, General or Technical course in the UGC-approved college/ institution. Even if, a student has taken admission in the Integrated course can avail benefits under the scholarship for the complete duration of the course. In the case of the dual degree courses, benefits will be extended only for the first-degree course.
# The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed Rs. 4.5 lakhs.
How to apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021 for NE Region
Visit the official portal of the National Scholarship Portal https://scholarships.gov.in and explore the “New Registration” link.
Now, read the guidelines carefully and tap the “Continue” button.
After this, select the state of domicile, scheme type, scholarship category and click on Continue.
Fill the complete Ishan Uday 2021 Application form and enter all the asked details to submit your application.
The following documents will be uploaded at the time of applying under the scheme on the NeSP.
- Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority.
- Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority.
- For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College.
- 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- Distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done on the basis of population census(last).
- If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to the non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
- Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms.
For more details, please check the Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021 for the NE Region official notification.