JNVST 2024: Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) invites online applications from students for Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2024 Class 6 for the academic session 2024-25 through the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test 2024. The last date to submit the online application is 10th August 2023.
A candidate seeking admission under the rural quota must have studied in Classes III, IV, and V completing full academic sessions from the Government/ Government Aided/Government recognized schools located in rural areas. However, the candidate should study full academic sessions in rural areas in Class-V from the same district where admission is sought.
- School Name:– Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV)
- Name of exam:– Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test 2024 (JNVST 2024)
- Admission into Class:- Class 6th
- Date of JNVST 2024 Exam:- 20th January 2024 at 11.30 A.M. (Saturday)
- No of JNVs in India: 661 Vidyalayas
- No of JNVs in Meghalaya: 12 Vidyalayas
- Language of the exam (Meghalaya): English, Hindi, Khasi, Garo, Bengali, Assamese.
Age limit:- A candidate seeking admission must not have been born before 1st May 2012 and after 31st July 2014 (Both dates are inclusive). This will apply to candidates of all categories, including those who belong to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Class (OBC).
Educational Qualification:- A candidate appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the whole of the academic session 2023-24 in a Government/ Government aided or other recognized school or a ‘B’ certificate competency course of the National Institute of Open Schooling in the same district where he/she is seeking admission.
No of Attempt/s: No candidate is eligible to appear in the selection test for the second time, under any circumstances.
Geo-location:- Only the candidates from the district concerned where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for admission. However, suppose the district where JNV is opened is bifurcated later. In that case, the old boundaries of the district are considered for eligibility for admission into JNVST, in case a new Vidyalaya is not started in the newly bifurcated district as yet.
Rural Quota: At least 75% of the seats in a district will be filled by candidates selected from rural areas of the district. The remaining seats are open and will be filled on merit from both Urban and Rural Area candidates of the district as per reservation criteria.
How to Apply for JNV Entrance Exam 2024 Class 6?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the admission portal of NVS linked through www.navodaya.gov.in and navodaya.gov.in/nvs/en/Admission-JNVST/JNVST-class/.
On successful submission of the application, you will get a Registration No. and acknowledge receipt of your submitted application. Keep the same for your future reference.
The last date for online application submission is 10th August 2023 and the date for JNVST 2022 is 20th January 2024.
The selection test will be of two-hour duration from 11:30 am to 01:30 pm and will have 3 sections with only objective-type questions. There are 80 questions in all for 100 marks.
JNVST 2024 Exam Pattern
- Mental ability test: 50 Marks
- Arithmetic Test: 25 Marks
- Language Test: 25 Marks
JNV Selection Test for admission to Class-VI in JNVs for the academic session 2024-25 will be held On Saturday the 20th of January 2024 at 11.30 A.M in one phase for all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas.
- The medium of instruction in JNVs is the mother tongue or regional language up to Class VIII and after that English for Mathematics and Science and Hindi for Social Science.
- Students of the JNVs appear for board examinations of the Central Board of Secondary Education.
- While education in the schools is free including board & lodging, uniforms, and textbooks, a sum of Rs. 600/- per month is collected only from the students of Classes IX to XII towards Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi.
- However, students belonging to SC/ST categories, all Girls students, and students whose family income is below the poverty line (BPL) are exempted.
- In respect of wards of Government employees other than exempted category (Students of classes VI to VIII, all SC/ST & Girl students, and wards of BPL families) Vikas Nidhi will be charged Rs.1500/- per month or actual children’s education allowance received by the parent per month whichever is less.
- However, VVN shall not be less than Rs. 600/- per student per month.
Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the below official notification in detail before submitting applications.
|Online Application Form||Click Here|
|Download Official Notification||Click Here|
|Job Updates on Telegram||Click Here|