Meghalaya High Court Recruitment 2022: Online applications are invited from the eligible Advocates as prescribed under Schedule- B of Meghalaya Higher Judicial Service Rules 2015 for filling up in the cadre of District Judge.
The last date for submission of the application is 27th July 2022.
Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply here. More details about the recruitment are provided below.
Post Name:- District Judge
- No of posts:- 2 [UR:2]
- Age limit:- Must have attained the age of 35 (thirty-five) years and must not have attained the age of 48 (forty-eight) years in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST) and 45 (forty-five) years in the case of others, as on the last date fixed for receipt of applications.
- Salary:- Pay scale Rs. 51,550- 1230-58930- 1380- 63070/-p.m. plus other allowances as admissible under the Rules.
- Educational Qualification:-
- Must be a citizen of India;
- Must be a holder of a degree in Law from a recognized University;
- Must be practicing as an Advocate in Courts of criminal and civil jurisdiction on the last date fixed for receipt of applications and must have so practiced for a period of not less than 7 (seven) years as on such date as per Annexure-A.
- Must have a working knowledge of either Khasi or Garo language.
How to apply for Meghalaya High Court Recruitment 2022: District Judge Vacancy?
Candidates are advised to apply and submit their applications strictly through Online mode by clicking on the “Online application for Grade- I Meghalaya Higher Judicial Service” icon appearing on the website viz. http://meghalayahighcourt.nic.in
For candidates applying for the first time through online mode, a one-time registration process is required to enable them to apply against the advertised vacancies/posts. Kindly read the instructions on the web page carefully before applying online.
Candidates who have already registered with the Recruitment Portal may log in and apply directly against the advertised vacancies/posts.
The online application will be enabled from the 12th of July 2022 and the last date for accepting the online application is on the 27th of July 2022 at 1700 hours.
The competitive examination for appointment of District Judges by direct recruitment shall consist of:
- A written examination comprising 3 (three) papers of two hours duration each. Each paper shall carry 100 marks. The syllabus for these papers as prescribed by the High Court is attached in Annexure-B, and the Viva-voce examination shall carry 50 marks.
- The candidate from General Category who obtain 60% or more marks and the candidate who obtains 50% or more marks in Reserved Category in the written examination shall be eligible for viva-voce.
- Selection of candidates shall be made on the basis of overall merit and suitability.
Application fees for the post of Grade-I Meghalaya Higher Judicial Service are Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One thousand) only for General Candidates and Rs. 700/- (Rupees Seven Hundred) only, in case of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Candidates.
Advertisement No:- HCM .11/68/2o21/Rect/2 (date: 12.07.2022)
Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the below official notification in detail before submitting applications.
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Download Official Advisement||Click Here|