Meghalaya NEC Merit Scholarship 2021: The Director of Higher and Technical Education, Meghalaya invites fresh and renewal applications from the students who are permanent residents in the State of Meghalaya studying within and outside the state for the year 2021-22 for grant of NEC Merit Scholarship for the General, SC/ST students undergoing Vocational/ Technical courses. The last date for submission of the application is 30th November 2021.
Scholarship Name:- North Eastern Council Merit Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria for NEC Merit Scholarship 2021
- The Students should produce a P.R.C/ST certificate obtained from the Deputy Commissioner of the District in which the candidate is a permanent resident along with their relevant documents.
- General candidates who secure 70% and above and SC/ST candidates who secure 60% and above in their last final examination are eligible to apply as fresh.
- The Income ceiling of both the Parents/guardian from all sources should not exceed Rs. 8 (lakh) per annum (Income certificate should be enclosed for fresh only).
The student must fulfill the following eligibility criteria in the previous qualifying examination for consideration of the NEC Merit Scholarship
- For Diploma: HSLC/ HSSLC/ Secondary School Leaving /Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate examination from a recognized State/ Central Board with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
- For Degree: HSSLC/ Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate examination from a recognized State/Central Board with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
- For Post Graduate: Degree level examination in any discipline (BA/ B.Sc/ BE/ B.Tech/ MBBS/ LLB/ BCA/ BBA etc. of any recognized Institute/ University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
- For M.Phil./Ph.D: PG degree from any recognized University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
How to apply for Meghalaya NEC Merit Scholarship 2021-22
Fresh (For only those who are in the First Year of their studies) and Renewal applications are to be submitted online only through the URL: www.scholarships.gov.in
Renewal application forms for Merit Scholarship (for those who applied as Fresh from 2017-18 to 2019-20) may be downloaded from the Website through the URL: http://megeducation.gov.in/dhte/scholarship/schemes/scholarship_forms.html
All those students applying (both fresh & renewal) under the scheme are to mandatorily submit any one of the following ID proofs if the Aadhaar Number is not available.
- Elector’s Photo Identity card
- Indian Passport
- Photo ID Card issued by the Central Government or State Govt.
- Photo ID issued by Educational Institute (For Students)
- Certificate issued by Bank that should be duly attested, containing the applicant’s photo and Bank account number.
Copy of the previous class mark sheet is to be mandatorily enclosed with all Fresh and Renewal applications. All principals submitting the renewal application forms should submit a list of applicants along with a soft copy of the same in Excel format.
The last date of submission of application forms will be on the 30th of November 2021.
Advertisement No:- CE/SCHOL/NEC/4/2014-15/PF/176 (Date: 20.08.2021)
For more details, please check the Meghalaya NEC Merit Scholarship 2021-22 official notification.