NEC Merit Scholarship 2021: North Eastern Council (NEC) invites fresh and renewal applications from the students who are permanent residents North East (NE) Region studying within and outside the state for the year 2021-22 for grant of NEC Merit Scholarship students undergoing Vocational/ Technical courses. The last date for submission of the application is 30th November 2021.
Scholarship Name:- North Eastern Council Merit Scholarship
- Total no of Scholarship: 1600
The number of Fresh Scholarships to be awarded every year to candidates of different NER states at different levels may be as follows:
- Arunachal Pradesh: 209 [Diploma:20, Degree:130, PG Degree:52, M.Phil/Ph.D: 7]
- Assam: 320 [Diploma:30, Degree:200, PG Degree:80, M.Phil/Ph.D:10]
- Manipur: 192 [Diploma:18, Degree:120, PG Degree:48, M.Phil/Ph.D:6]
- Meghalaya: 192 [Diploma:18, Degree:120, PG Degree:48, M.Phil/Ph.D:6]
- Mizoram: 192 [Diploma:18, Degree:120, PG Degree:48, M.Phil/Ph.D:6]
- Nagaland: 192 [Diploma:18, Degree:120, PG Degree:48, M.Phil/Ph.D:6]
- Sikkim: 111 [Diploma: 10, Degree:70, PG Degree:28, M.Phil/Ph.D:3]
- Tripura: 192 [Diploma:18, Degree:120, PG Degree: 48, M.Phil/Ph.D: 6]
Eligibility Criteria for NEC Merit Scholarship 2021
Resident-ship: The scholarship is open only to a student who is a permanent resident of any of the North Eastern States. The Students should produce a P.R.C/ST certificate obtained from the Deputy Commissioner of the District in which the candidate is a permanent resident along with their relevant documents.
Duration: Once selected, the scholarship shall be available to a selected student for the prescribed duration of a course subject to fulfillment of renewal conditions, as specified under Para 6 of these rules. Extension of scholarship beyond the prescribed period of study will not be entertained.
Other Scholarship Holder: At the time of availing the scholarship, the student must not be in receipt of any other scholarship/financial assistance from any other source. A sponsored candidate under full employment during the period of study or working/in-service candidates shall not be eligible to receive the scholarship.
Year of Awarding Scholarship: A student shall only be considered for a scholarship in the year of commencement of his/her course. For a subsequent year,s of course, the only renewal will be allowed.
Course/s: Scholarship shall be admissible to students who get admission in Diploma, Degree, Post-graduate or registration in M.Phil. / Ph.D. courses of any institute recognized by the Government. The grant of scholarship for M.Phil and Ph.D. would be after the registration of the students with the University. The Scholarship will not be available for an internship or any practical training.
Family Income: The scholarship shall be admissible to the students whose parent/guardian’s annual income from all sources shall not exceed Rs 8.0 lakh. The income certificate issued by the competent authority shall be furnished by the candidate.
Education Qualification for NEC Merit Scholarship 2021
1. Level of course: Diploma
- Qualifying examination: HSLC/ HSSLC/ Secondary School Leaving/ Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate examination from a recognized State/Central Board with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
- Scholarship amount: Rs. 20,000/- per annum.
2. Level of course: Degree
- Qualifying examination: HSSLC/ Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate examination from a recognized State/Central Board with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
- Scholarship amount: Rs. 20,000/- per annum.
3. Level of course: Post Graduate
- Qualifying examination: Degree level examination in any discipline (BA/ BSc/ BE/B Tech/ MBBS/ LLB/ BCA/ BBA etc. of any recognized Institute/ University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
- Scholarship amount: Rs. 25,000/- per annum.
4. Level of course: M.Phil./Ph.D
- Qualifying examination: PG degree from any recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
- Scholarship amount: Rs. 30,000/- per annum.
Meghalaya Job Portal now in Facebook
Click on Like Bottom for free Job Updates on Facebook
How to apply for Meghalaya NEC Merit Scholarship 2021-22
The applicants are required to fill up the application form on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) from 23rd September 2021 to 30th November 2021.
The Last date of Defective Verification and Institute Verification is 15th December 2021.
They may also fill up the application form using the NSP Mobile app or UMANG Mobile App.
The applicant must be in possession of the following documents at the time of application. He/She may be asked to upload a scanned copy of these documents as per requirement or extant rules/guidelines.
- Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC) issued by the Dy. Commissioner /Addl. Dy. Commissioners/ Sub-divisional officer of civil sub-divisions in the NE States; except Sikkim where Certificate of Identification (COI) issued by the respective Deputy Commissioner in the Govt. of Sikkim to its Permanent residents. Certificate from any other authority will not be accepted. (Mandatory)
- Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority (Mandatory)
- Bank Account Pass Book – Account must be in the name of applicant (Optional)
- Details of qualifying examination (Mandatory)
- Synopsis signed by the project guide / Director (Research) or any official authorized by the Institute/University in the case of M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates (Mandatory).
- Any other document may be required under NSP guidelines.
There will be two-level verification of the application. The first level of verification is at the institute level and the Second level verification will be carried out by the domicile state of the NE Region of the applicant.
Selection Process of NEC Merit Scholarship
- The merit lists will be drawn from among finally verified applications as per the scheme guidelines and after following the laid down procedure on the NSP.
- Selection of students for M. Phil and Ph.D. will be done on the basis of topic of research/Synopsis which has relevance to the problems/issues related to NE Region. The Subjects/topics for M.Phil and Ph.D should invariably be directly, specifically and currently relevant to NE Region. Basic and theoretical research shall not be favoured in general.
- The scholarship is purely on merit basis. The merit list will be prepared exclusively on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying exams and complying with the level-of-course-wise slots allotted to the states.