NTSE Meghalaya 2021: The Directorate of Educational Research & Training, Meghalaya, Shillong invites applications from Candidates for National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)-State Level Screening Test (Stage-1) for Class X for the year 2021-2022 to select 50 students (State Quota allotted by NCERT, New Delhi). The last date for submission of the application is 5th November 2021.
NTSE Meghalaya 2021 Details
- Exam Name: National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) State Level Screening Test (Stage-I)
- Stage-I Exam Date: 15th January 2022 (Saturday)
- Stage-II Exam Date: 12th June 2022 (Sunday)
- No of scholarship for Meghalaya: 50
- Academic session: 2021-2022
- Age limit: Students registered under Open and Distance Learning (ODL) are also eligible for scholarship provided the students are below the age of 18 years (as of 1st July of that particular year) the students are not employed and they are appearing in class X for the first time.
- Education Qualification: Students currently studying in Class X from any recognized Schools of Meghalaya are eligible to appear in the above-said Examination. Students registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) will also be eligible for scholarships.
How to apply for NTSE Meghalaya 2021
The Candidates have to submit the Application Form duly filled up in all respect along with the following Documents
- Two passport sizes (School uniforms)
- Report Card Class IX
- Certificates SC/ST/OBC.
- Income Certificate from Competent Authority.
- Disability Status Certificate from Competent Authority
The Application Form should be submitted to the respective DSEO and the Last Date for submission is 5th November 2021.
Application Forms containing instructions can also be downloaded from the DERT website www.megeducation.gov.in or contact the Office Of the DSEO of the respective District.
Application forms without supporting documents and incomplete information will be summarily rejected.
Selection Procedure NTSE Meghalaya 2021
Students who are selected/ recommended from Stage-I Examination will be eligible to appear for Stage-II Examination to be conducted by NCERT on the 12th June 2022 (Sunday). Stage-I Examination at State Level will comprise of two papers i.e.:-
- Mental Ability Test (MAT): 100 Marks
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) comprising of Science, Social Science & Mathematics: 100 Marks
- SC/ST/PH in each paper: 32%
- General Category/OBC & EWS in each paper: 40%
There will be No Negative Marking.
Only candidates qualifying in both papers separately will be considered for merit.
Selection of the candidate will be made on the basis of total marks scored in MAT & SAT based on merit.
Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the NTSE Meghalaya 2021 official notification in detail before submitting applications.