Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC), Western Railway (WR), Mumbai has released an employment notification for the recruitment of 3624 Apprentices under the Apprentice Act 1961 at various Divisions, Workshops within the jurisdiction of Western Railways for the year 2021-22. The last date for submission of the application is July 26, 2023.
Western Railway (WR) invites online applications from interested Applicants for engagement as Act Apprentices against the 3624 slots notified for training in the designated Trades under the Apprentice Act 1961 at various Divisions, Workshops within the jurisdiction of Western Railways for the year 2021-22.
Posts Name: Apprentices
- No. of slots: 3624
- Essential Qualification: The Applicants should have already passed the prescribed qualification on the date of issue of this Notification i.e., 21/06/2023 as under: –
- Educational Qualifications: Matriculate or 10th Class in 10+2 examination system with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized Board.
- Technical Qualifications: ITI certificate affiliated to NCVT/SCVT is compulsory in relevant trade as under: –
|Designated Trades||ITI TRADES|
|Painter (General)||Painter (General)|
|Mechanic (DSL)||Mechanic (DSL)|
|Mechanic (Motor Vehicle)||Mechanic (Motor Vehicle)|
|Programming & System Administration Assistant||Computer Operator and Programming Assistant|
|Electronics Mechanic||Electronics Mechanic|
|Wireman||1. Wireman 2. Electrician|
|Mechanic Refrigeration & AC||Mechanic Refrigeration & AC|
|Pipe Fitter||Plumber/Pipe Fitter|
|Draftsman (Civil)||Draftsman (Civil)|
Age Limit for RRC WR Recruitment 2023: Apprentice Vacancy
- The Applicants should have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age as of 26/07/2023.
- SC/ST/OBC-Relaxation in Upper age limit by 05 years in case of SC/ST applicants and 03 years in case of OBC Applicants.
- Persons with Disability (PWD):- Upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years.
- Ex-servicemen-Upper age limit is relaxed upto additional 10 years for ex-servicemen to the extent of service rendered in Defense Forces plus 03 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months service at a stretch, except Ex-servicemen who have already joined the Govt. service on Civil side after availing the Ex-servicemen status for their engagement.
- Accordingly, for different communities, the eligible Date of Birth range shall be as under: –
|Applicants should be born between|
|Ex-Servicemen-UR||24 years + Defence Service upto 10 years + 3 years as per para 2.4||26/07/2008|
|Ex-Servicemen-SC/ ST||29 years + Defence Service upto 10 years + 3 years as per para 2.4||26/07/2008|
|Ex-Servicemen-OBC||27 years + Defence Service upto 10 years + 3 years as per para 2.4||26/07/2008|
Application Fee of RRC WR Recruitment 2023: Apprentice Vacancy
- Application fees (Non-refundable) – Rs. 100/-.
- No fee is required to be paid by SC/ST/PWD/Women Applicants.
The payment can be made by using a Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking etc. by providing information as asked on the screen. Transaction charges for online payment, if any, will be borne by the Applicants.
In case after completing the Registration process, the online transaction is not completed, please log in again and make the online payment again. Duplication, in payment, if any will be refunded upon verifying the same
How to Apply for RRC WR Recruitment 2023: Apprentice Vacancy?
Applicants are required to apply ONLINE by visiting or-wr.com. Detailed instructions for filling up ONLINE applications will be available on the website.
Applicants are required to fill up the personal details/Trade/Aadhaar number/Marks/CGPA/preference for Divisions/Workshops etc. very carefully as the Computerized Merit list will be prepared only based on the information filled in by the Applicant in the ONLINE application. In case of any discrepancy observed at the time of Document Verification, the Applicant will be disqualified summarily.
Applicants should own Aadhaar Card. At the time of registration, Applicants have to fill 12-digit Aadhaar Card number. The Applicants not having an Aadhaar number and have enrolled for Aadhaar but have not received Aadhaar Card can enter 28-digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID printed on the Aadhaar Enrolment slip.
This provision applies to the Applicants of all states and Union Territories except the state of Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam. Applicants from these states can enter in the online application form, their voter ID number, valid passport number, driving license number or any other valid Government identity card at the time of online application. Applicants have to produce the original Aadhaar card or document mentioned above, at the time of Document Verification.
Applicants should ensure their name, father’s name, and date of birth should exactly match as recorded in Matriculation or equivalent certificate. Any deviation found during Document Verification will lead to cancellation of candidature and also debarment.
Applicants are advised to indicate their active mobile number and valid e-mail ID in the ONLINE application and keep them active during the entire engagement process as all important messages will be notified on the website and email/SMS will be sent only to the selected Applicants which will be treated as deemed to have been read by the Applicants.
Choice of only one Division/Workshop is permitted. The option once exercised is FINAL and binding to the candidates. Applicants are instructed to check the Trade-wise vacancy table (Annexure A) to ascertain the vacancies notified and ensure that the Division/Workshop they wish to apply is having vacancies as per their Trade/Qualification/Community/Category.
Applicants possessing ITI qualifications in more than one trade can apply for different relevant trades separately.
Applicants trying to submit more than one application for the same TRADE with different particulars like Name/Father’s name/Community/PWD/ educational and/or technical qualification etc. or with different Email ID/Mobile Numbers are informed that all such applications will be summarily rejected.
Applicants have to download printouts of their online application which should be produced as and when required by the Railway Administration.
Applicants are required to report for Document/Certificate Verification with their Originals along with Medical Fitness Certificate (Annexure G) in the concerned Division/Workshop/Unit.
Applicants are required to upload their EWS Certificate as mentioned in Para 3.7 if he/she is claiming against EWS Quota.
Documents to be uploaded: Applicants are required to upload the legible self-attested scanned copy of the following documents: –
- SSC (Standard 10th) or its equivalent Mark Sheet.
- Certificate for proof of date of birth (Standard 10 or it is an equivalent certificate or mark sheet indicating date of birth or School Leaving Certificate indicating date of birth).
- Consolidated ITI mark Sheet of all semesters of the trade in which applied/Provisional National Trade Certificate indicating marks.
- National Trade Certificate issued by NCVT or Provisional National Trade Certificate issued by NCVT/SCVT.
- Caste certificate for SC/ST/OBC Applicants in Annexures – B, C &D wherever applicable, as mentioned in Para.
- Disability certificate, in case of PwBD Applicants Annexure–E & F (as applicable).
- Discharge certificate/Serving certificate, in case of Applicants applied against Ex-Servicemen quota.
- Applicants are required to upload a Scanned copy/soft copy of their colour photograph (size 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm ) taken not later than three months from the date of application, JPG/JPEG format, 100 DPI, size of the file should be between 20 kb-70 kb) with clear front view of the Applicants without cap and sunglasses. Applicants may note that RRC may, at any stage, reject the applications for uploading old/unclear photographs or for any significant variations between the photograph uploaded in the Application Form and the actual Physical appearance of the Applicants. Applicants are advised to keep two additional copies of the same photograph ready with them and carry the same at the time of Document/Certificate Verification.
- Applicants are also required to upload the Scanned copy/soft copy of their signature (size 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm, JPG/JPEG format, 100 DPI, size of the file should be between 20 kb – 30kb).
- Income & Asset Certificate (Annexure G) to be uploaded by Economically Weaker Section wherever applicable.
Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the below official notification in detail before submitting applications.
|RRC WR Apply Online||27/06/2023|
|RRC WR Vacancy Details||Click Here|
|RRC WR Recruitment Notification||Notification|