Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2023-24: Shillong Polytechnic online application in prescribed format from candidates who are permanent residents of Meghalaya for admission in Diploma Courses in Engineering in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics & Communication, and Computer Science for the session 2023-24. The last date for submission of the application is 06 June 2023.
Course Name:- 3 Years Diploma Course
- Branch wise Shillong Polytechnic intake capacity
1. Civil Engineering (CE): 60 seats
2. Electrical Engineering (EE): 30 seats
3. Mechanical Engineering (ME): 30 seats
4. Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE): 30 seats
5. Computer Science and Engineering (CSE): 30 seats
- Age limit:- Applicants should not be more than 21 years of age as on the 1st July of the year of admission relaxable by 1 (one) year for candidates who have passed HSSLC (12+), or equivalent examination, 3 (three) years for candidates belonging to SC/ST and 5 (five) years for persons with disabilities.
- Educational Qualification:- The candidate must have passed the Secondary School Leaving Certificate (10+) examination conducted by the Meghalaya Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent conducted by a recognized Board/Council securing at least 45% marks in Mathematics and 45% marks in Science relaxable to 40% marks in Mathematics and 40% marks in Science for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Communities of Meghalaya.
How to apply for Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2023-24 Notification for Diploma Course
All candidates are instructed to apply only through online mode via Shillong Polytechnic web portal admission.shillongpolytechnic.com in response to the advertisement for admission to the Polytechnic.
Application Form duly filled-in at the portal, must be printed and submitted to the Office of the Principal, Shillong Polytechnic, Shillong within 2 weeks after the declaration of MBOSE SSLC result.
The Form is to be accompanied by
- Paste one recent Passport Size Photograph of the candidate in the space provided on the printout of the online application form and signed across.
- True copies of Marks Sheet of qualifying examination passed.
- Copy of class X Admit Card.
- Documentary evidence of age (true copy of Admit Card or Certificate of Board/University).
- Up to date Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Certificate from the employer for a candidate who is already underemployment.
- Scheduled Tribe/ Caste Certificate from District Authority.
- Permanent Residential Certificate is the case of Non-Tribal candidates from the Deputy Commissioner or the District Magistrate in which the applicant resides.
- Printed e-payment receipt/ payment acknowledgment of Rs. 100.00 through State Bank Collect.
- NCC/NSS Certificate, if any
- Certificate for a Person with Different Ability (PWD), if applicable.
- Original copies of Mark Sheet and Certificates must be produced at the time of interview.
Rs. 100/- must be paid through SB Collect via www.onlinesbi.com.
- Criteria for the selection of candidates for admission shall be based on the aggregate marks in Mathematics and Science secured in SSLC/HSLC/equivalent examination.
- Candidates will be selected through an appropriate screening/ selection process conducted by the Admission Committee, Shillong Polytechnic duly constituted by the Government of Meghalaya.
- The final selection shall be made by the Admission Committee, Shillong Polytechnic.
- All selected Candidates should join within the date fixed by the Principal. Original Class X mark sheets must be handed over to the Office during enrolment/payment of fees.
- After the expiry of the date fixed as in para (iv) above, candidates from the waiting list will get the opportunity for admission against any vacancy due to the non-joining of candidates from the merit list, within the fixed date.
Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2021 notification for Diploma Course official notification in detail before submitting applications or visit admission.shillongpolytechnic.com