Indian Army Recruitment 2021: Applications are invited from eligible unmarried Male and unmarried Female Engineering Graduates and also from Widows of Defence Personnel who died in harness for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army. The course will commence in Apr 2022 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The last date for submission of the application is 27.10.2021.
Course Name: 58th SSC (Men) and 29th SSC (Women) (April 2022)
- No of total posts:- 189
(a) For SSC(Tech)-58 Men: 174 Posts
- Engineering Streams
1. Civil; Building Construction Technology: 41 Posts
2. Architecture: 2 Posts
3. Mechanical: 20 Posts
4. Electrical; Electrical and Electronics: 14 Posts
5. Computer Science & Engg; Computer Technology; M. Sc. Computer Sc: 32 Posts
6. Information Technology: 9 Posts
7. Electronics & Telecommunication: 5 Posts
8. Telecommunication: 3 Posts
9. Electronics & Communication: 8 Posts
10. Satellite Communication: 2 Posts
12. Electronics: 2 Posts
13. Micro Electronics & Microwave: 2 Posts
14. Aeronautical; Aerospace; Avionics: 5 Posts
15. Remote Sensing: 1 Post
16. Electronics & Instrumentation; Instrumentation: 4 Posts
17. Production: 1 Post
18. Automobile Engineering: 3 Posts
19. Industrial; Industrial/ Manufacturing Industrial Engineering & Mgt: 2 Posts
20. Ballistics: 1 Post
21. Bio-Medical Engg: 1 Post
22. Transportation Engineering: 1 Post
23. Textile: 1 Post
24. Food Tech: 1 Post
25. Agriculture: 1 Post
26. Metallurgical; Metallurgy and Explosive: 1 Post
27. Nuclear Technology: 1 Post
28. Opto Electronics: 2 Posts
29. Fibre Optics: 2 Posts
30. Workshop Technology: 2 Posts
31. Laser Tech: 2 Posts
32. BioTech: 1 Post
33. Rubber Technology: 1 Post
34. Chemical Engg: 1 Post
(b) For SSCW(Tech)-29: 14 Posts
- Engineering Streams
1. Civil; Building Construction Technology: 3 Posts
2. Architecture: 1 Post
3. Mechanical: 2 Posts
4. Electrical; Electrical and Electronics: 1 Post
5. Computer Science & Engg; Computer Technology; M. Sc. Computer Sc: 4 Posts
6. Information Technology: 2 Posts
7. Aeronautical; Aerospace; Avionics: 1 Post
- (c) For Widows of Defence Personnel Only
# SSC(W) Tech: 1 Post (B.E./B.Tech in any tech stream)
# SSC(W)(Non-Tech)(Non-UPSC): 1 Post (Graduation in any stream)
# For SSC(Tech)- 58 Men and SSCW(Tech)- 29 Women: 20 to 27 years as of 01 Apr 2022 (Candidates born between 02 Apr 95 and 01 Apr 2002, both days inclusive).
# For widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness Only. SSCW (Non-Tech) [Non-UPSC] and SSCW(Tech): A maximum of 35 years of age as of 01 Apr 2022.
Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of the Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. Candidates studying in the final year of Engg degree course should be able to submit proof of passing Engg Degree Examination alongwith mark sheets of all
semesters/years by 01 Apr 2022 and produce the Engg Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Educational Qualification for Widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness:-
- (i) SSCW (Non Tech) (Non UPSC). Graduation in any Discipline.
- (ii) SSCW (Tech). B.E./ B. Tech in any Engineering stream.
# Candidate studying in the final year of Degree must ensure that she submits the proof of passing Degree exam by 01 Apr 2022 to Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which her candidature will be cancelled.
How to apply for Indian Army Recruitment 2021: SSC Technical Vacancy
- Applications will only be accepted online on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’.
- After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard. A page ‘Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission Technical Course.
- A page ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments – Personal information, Communication details, Education details, and details of previous SSB. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment.
- After filling in details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made. Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details, click on ‘Submit’.
- The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application on last day.
Online application will open on 28 Sep 2021 at 1500 Hrs and will be closed on 27 Oct 2021 at 1500 Hrs.
Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the Indian Army Recruitment 2021 SSC Technical Vacancy official notification in detail before submitting applications.