NIT Meghalaya Summer Internship Program 2022:- National Institute of Technology Meghalaya invites applications from eligible B.Tech., M.Tech. and M.Sc. students from various Institutions across the country for the Summer Internship Program 2022 for the session May-July in its various departments. Interested and eligible candidates may apply 29th April 2022.
Program Name:- NIT Meghalaya Summer Internship Program 2022
- Duration:- The internship shall be for a period of a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 8 weeks between 30 May and 22 July 2022.
B.Tech: Completed six semesters in the relevant disciplines of engineering.
M.Tech: Completed two semesters in the relevant disciplines of engineering.
M.Sc: Completed the first year in one of the following disciplines: Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics.
Department wise Project Title
Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC) Department
- Brain-Inspired Computing
- Approximate Computing
- CMOS-MEMS Integrated Pressure Sensors
- Cantilever structures for mass sensing applications
- Classification of skin cancer detection on FPGA
- Disaster management on FPGA
- Microwave imaging through microwave sensor
- Fabrication and measurement of Power Amplifier
- Computer-aided diagnosis system for X-Ray Images
- Analysis of feature selection techniques to reduce system complexity
- Masking of interfering signals in a hearing-aid application using blind source separation
- Implementation of deep neural network based algorithms for acoustic signal processing on FPGA
- Wireless communication using software-defined radio
- Deep learning for wireless communication
- Antenna for Implantable Biotelemetry
- Rectenna for Wireless Power Transfer
- Cell-Free Massive MIMO for future wireless networks
- Machine Learning for Future Wireless Communication systems
Computer Science & Engineering (CS) Department
- 5G data traffic prediction using deep learning
- Mobile edge placement in a geospatial map using SUMO/ veins simulator
- Pattern mining from Social Media Data using Machine Learning
- Machine Learning-based Analysis of Medical Data
- Handwriting recognization using Machine Learning Techniques (Prerequisite: Python)
- Preservation of cultural data using ML/DL
- Intelligent model development for medical image analysis
Civil Engineering (CE) Department
- Air Quality Modelling Shillong, Meghalaya
- Solis Waste management by GIS
- Characterization of waste as construction and building material
- Traffic Pattern and Traffic safety study using field data collection and simulation
- Corrosion of RC structures
- Bacterial Concrete
- Strengthening of masonry walls
- Stabilized mud block
Mechanical Engineering (ME) Department
- 3D Printing of Composite Materials
- Injection Moulding of Composite Materials
- Energy storage in phase change materials
- Technical & economic analysis of a solar air heating system integrated with a residential building
- Impact characterization of sandwich panel
- Non-destructive testing of cracked plate
- Analysis of Solar Desalination System
- Use of Alternative Fuel in Diesel Engine
- Tool fabrication with micro-machining process
- Hard machining with the textured tool and data acquisition
- Flow analysis in water channels
- Flow analysis in air channels
- Needleless drug delivery
- Generation of pulsatile flow through an artery using a modified cannula
- Surface modification of cast iron by powder mixed electro-discharge machining process.
- Magnetic field-assisted electro-dischagre machining of hard materials.
Electrical Engineering (EE) Department
- Control of Nonlinear Systems
- Chaotic Secure Communication
- Design of Digital PLL Based on OSDFT
- Wavelet Design to Estimate Spectrum Components
- A probabilistic approach for forecasting solar PV power generation
- Micro PMU based fault analysis for DC Microgrid
Physics (PH) Department
- Liquid Crystals based sensors
- Computational studies on Liquid Crystals
- Chemistry (CY) Department
- Protein-Ligand binding studies using spectroscopic techniques
- Water-soluble quantum dots and their biological applications
- Chemical Dynamics Simulation on Molecular Systems
- Electronic structure calculations for the reactions involving excited states
- Nanocomposites for energy storage
- Density Functional Theory Investigations of Organic Molecules for Solar cell
Mathematics (MA) Department
- Hybrid nanofluid flow and its applications
- Numerical solution of two-point boundary value problem
- Flow-through porous media and its applications
- Asymptotic analysis and perturbation methods
How to apply for NIT Meghalaya Summer Internship Program 2022?
Interested students have to submit the application form for the 2022 Summer Internship Program at NIT Meghalaya. The duly filled application form forwarded by their Head of Department/Institution must be sent to “Dr. Pradeep Kumar Rathore, Coordinator – Summer Internship 2022, Room No. F5, NIT Meghalaya, Bijni Complex, Laitumkhrah, Shillong-793003, Meghalaya, India” by 29th April 2022.
Download Application Format.
- The selection of applications will be based on the recommendations of the selection committee of the respective departments at NIT Meghalaya. Moreover, NIT Meghalaya reserves the right to accept or reject an application without assigning any reason thereof. The list of shortlisted candidates and concerned supervisors will be published on the institute website by 6th May 2022.
- Selected candidates have to deposit Rs. 7500/- as caution money which is refundable only after the successful completion of the internship. Details of the payment process will be uploaded with a list of shortlisted candidates on the institute website.
Shared accommodation will be available in the student’s hostel on a payment basis. A non-refundable maintenance charge of Rs. 5600/- will be charged for those candidates who shall be opting for hostel accommodation. This amount includes
- Seat rent of Rs. 1500/- per month,
- Electricity and water charges of Rs. 300/- per month and
- Transportation charges of Rs. 800/- per month, and
- Internet fees of Rs 200/- per month. The amount will be deducted from the caution money. Also, the candidates shall have to bear their mess expenses at the rate of Rs. 189/- per day during the internship period at NIT Meghalaya. The candidates have to pay the mess charges in advance on the day of joining the internship program at NIT Meghalaya.
Important Dates for NIT Meghalaya Summer Internship Program 2022
- End date for receiving of hardcopy of the duly filled application: 29th April 2022
- Declaration of the list of students selected for the summer internship program: 6th May 2022
- Start date of the summer internship program: 30th May 2022
- End date of the summer internship program: 22nd July 2022